Want to give your followers an easy way to sign up for your email or events list? Adding your sign up form to Facebook is a great way to turn followers into subscribers. Facebook application utilizing free WordPress plugins will allow you to easily add a sign up form to a Facebook fan / business page. Due to the nature of personal Facebook profile pages it is not possible to add a sign up form to those types of pages. If you do not yet have a Facebook fan / business page you can simply create one. We explain how to install a sign up form to your Facebook fan / business page.
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- Only Admin of a Page can add a signup form.
- You’ll need to set up the Facebook integration in Website before you can add a signup form to your Page.
- Signup forms appear as a tab on the desktop version of Facebook, and aren’t accessible from Facebook’s mobile app.
- The Facebook signup form works just like your Website signup form. When someone fills out the form, its added to your
- Website audience as a subscribed contact. If you’d like to make changes to the form fields or images, log in to your Website admin account and use the Form Builder to edit the signup form for your audience.
Example signup form
Visitors will access your signup form through the signup tab. This tab will appear under your cover photo and in the left column of your Facebook Page. If you have a lot of tabs in the left column, you may want to reorder them so your visitors don’t miss it.
Here’s an example of what a Website signup form could look like on your Facebook Page. You can customize the form to include different fields, and design it with your logo or other images.
Add a form to your Facebook Page
You can add a WordPress Website signup form to any of your Facebook Fan or Business Pages. If you have multiple Pages, you can connect each Page to a different audience.
To add a form to your Facebook Page, follow these steps.
- Click to navigate to the Integrations page in your WordPress Website account.
- Log in to Facebook if you haven’t connected your account.
- If you’ve already connected your account, click Facebook to open the integration details.
- Click the Page to use drop-down menu, and choose the Facebook Page where you want your signup form to appear.
- Click the Audience to use drop-down menu, and choose the audience where you want to add your Facebook subscribers.
- You can change which audience to use at any time.
- Click yes under Use signup form tab.
- Click the Form theme drop-down menu, and choose a form style. To use the design from your WordPress Website signup form, choose My Audience (default), uses Facebook’s look and design. You can edit your form look at any time.
- Type a name in the Tab label field. This is the label your subscribers will click to access your form. If you leave this field blank, the tab label will default to “Signup.” The tab label can be changed anytime.
- Click Save.
Repeat this process for all Facebook Pages that need a signup form.
If you want a simple Signup Tab which just links to your original WordPress Signup Form, all above steps are not required. Example page: https://www.facebook.com/solutionpoint